Wednesday 27 May 2015

Why Are Young People Mixing Coke With Fanta In Restaurants, And Can It Ever Be Acceptable?

Talk to me, youths.

So. The other day I was out for lunch with my colleague Siraj in Nando's.

So. The other day I was out for lunch with my colleague Siraj in Nando's.

Here's a photo of us together. We don't have photos like this taken every time we go out for lunch and the reason it exists is a long story but I'm glad I have it because during this lunch I made a SHOCKING discovery.

Lynzy Billing / BuzzFeed

On Siraj's side of the table was a glass of Coke. "That looks a bit watered down," I said.

On Siraj's side of the table was a glass of Coke. "That looks a bit watered down," I said.

"No, it's not," he replied. "I've just put some Fanta in it."

I spat my cheeky Nando's everywhere, and asked him what the fuck he was playing at.

"Everyone does it," he replied.

I went back to the office, and attempted to verify his claim. Two people on my desk said they do this and that it was a "thing". Three people said they didn't. What interested me was the fact that the two people who did it were both in their early twenties.

I remember my early twenties. I did a lot of crazy stuff. But this was beyond the pale. Had I stumbled across a new and disturbing youth trend?

There was only one place to take this.

upload.wikimedia.org


View Entire List ›

No comments:

Post a Comment